Our Vision Chair is designed for studies that do not require any access to the subject from the neck down. The subject’s arms and legs are free to move around within the walls of the chair to avoid muscle atrophy and allow maximum comfort. This style chair comes with a head holding system (your choice of top bar with a cross-block or top plate style). Other standard features include; rear swing open door, electronic touch bar on the front, and a waste collection tray below the perch.
Our primate chairs represent the standard for safe and humane animal positioning and offer options and configurations for a wide variety of research protocols.
Most models are made from polycarbonate, a plastic that is stronger than acrylic yet transparent to permit easy viewing of the subject in the chair. Corners are reinforced with aluminum for extra strength. The main body of the chair, which holds the subject, is ventilated and permits movement of arms and legs, reducing muscle atrophy and discomfort. The two-part neck plate restrictors adjust to allow the chair to fit different primates. Trolley and base wheels have a locking swivel castor design that provides enhanced stability.
Features & Benefits
- All edges are rounded, or De-burred, which removes sharp edges.
- A removable waste tray and drip lip are included. The drip lip is located on the interior vertical surfaces just above the waste tray to direct any unconsumed food, or excreta, into the waste tray.
- A safety restraint chain is included.
- A perch for the primate is adjustable (up and down) for the subject’s comfort. On most models, this is made from stainless steel and aluminum.
- All chairs ordered with a tall base will have the eye height set to 47-48” (119.5cm-122cm), unless specified otherwise.
- All of our chair designs can be modified to meet your specific protocol.
1-CC Standard Size “Vision Primate Chair” Models
- Accommodates primates weighing ≤ 9 kilograms.
- The primate compartment measures 10”(25.4cm) x 10.5”(26.2cm) with a neck to foot height adjustable from19”(48.25cm) to 10.75”(27.3cm)
- Standard Neck hole opening diameter is 2.5”(6.4cm), with a 2”(5.1cm) optional diameter available.
- Catalog numbers beginning with 1-CCP indicate that the chair front panels are either plain, or include a touch bar handle.
- Catalog numbers beginning with 1-CCC indicate that the chairs have a small removable front panel that covers a 6” X 6”(15.25cm.) opening in the front of the chair that is at approximately chest height of the subject. This panel can be modified to hold touch bars, joysticks, or other tasking devices.
1-CM Mini Primate Chair Models
- Accommodates small primates, the size of small squirrel monkeys and Marmosets.
- The compartment size is 6”(15.25cm.) x 6.5”(16.5cm.) with a neck to perch height adjustable from 10”(25.4cm.) to 6”(15.25cm.)
- The rear door includes a small cutaway area to accommodate a stiff tail.
1-CS Small Primate Chair Models
• Accommodates primates ranging in size from squirrel monkey to small Macaques.
• The compartment size is 8”(20.3cm.) x 8.5”(21.6cm.) with a neck to perch height adjustable from 18 3/8”(46.6cm.) to 8 7/8”(22.5cm.).
1-CL Large Primate Chair Models
- Designed for primates weighing up to 18 kilograms depending on the animal’s physical dimensions.
- The primate compartment size is 12”(30.5cm.) x 12.5”(31.8cm.) with a neck to perch height adjustable from 21”(53.3cm.) to 12.75”(32.4cm.)
- The standard neck hole opening is 3”(7.6cm.) diameter, with an optional 2.5”(6.4cm.) diameter available.
- Chairs should be hand-washed and sanitized with a mild disinfectant and hot water (not to exceed 190◦ F.
- A few drops of bleach can be added to wash water, for disinfection, before being rinsed thoroughly with pure water.
- Alcohol, ketone solvents, and other alkaline cleaners, must NOT be used.
- Chairs should not be cleansed in cage washers because their rapid heating and cooling, in combination with high-pressure water jets, increases the likelihood of fatigue cracks.
- Our chairs come with many pre-drilled holes providing bolt-on convenience for many of our popular options including handles and coil support wings.
- Your chair may also have an optional door latch position.
- The position of the latch is determined by the options selected.
- The brass secondary restraint chain at the top of the hinged side of the chair is an AAIAC safety requirement.
- Individual chair parts, both standard and modified, are available.
Please feel free to call or email us for any information on the models and options you need. Our staff are always ready to help.
When ordering please specify the:
- Type of Chair desired
- Number of units desired
- Specific requirements for your research protocol