ScleraTrak™ Eye tracking System
ScleraTrak™ Eye Tracking System delivers accurate eye-tracking data using magnetic resolution, with analog signal output, that delivers superb accuracy across a wide range of research models delivers accurate eye-tracking data using magnetic resolution, with analog signal output, that delivers superb accuracy across a wide range of research models, at a fraction of the price of infra-red systems. This system is being used with great success with these research models:
Features & Benefits of the ScleraTrak™ In Brief
- Magnetic resolution with analog signal output delivers superb accuracy.
- Sensor coil receivers provide all three axis outputs from a single module.
- PC-interface provides a wide range of configurations via remote control.
- Coil frames are comparable to much higher-priced equipment.
- Eight preset field coil frequencies ensure minimal interaction with other equipment.
- Automatic Alignment Feature accommodates coil change-out without system re-tuning, which enables multiple model studies.
- Automatic Fault-Protection prevents overheating while monitoring for error reporting.
- The ScleraTrak™ is easily paired with the Crist Digital Reward Control Module (DARIS).
- ScleraTrak™ systems utilize a one, two or eight slot enclosure to house various configurations of standard function modules.
Converting Eye Tracking Receiver to 1Khz Bandwidth
It has come to our attention that newer studies involving eye movement accelerations require a wider receiver bandwidth than was needed when our eye tracking system was designed.
At the time the system was designed, a 25Hz bandwidth was the standard. These systems were designed for positional data only. Rate of movement was not a consideration.
New studies that require measurement of speed of movement and acceleration data require a bandwidth of 1Khz in the analog portion of the eye tracking receiver. For studying eye movements, an anti-aliasing, 4-pole bessel filter with a cut-off of 240 Hz should follow the receiver output and then be sampled at 1KHz. Further filtering for noise reduction or derivatives should then be done in the computer with FIR filters. The bessel is necessary because most of the problems in measuring eye movement waveforms (e.g., peak velocity) comes not from the bandwidth of the system, but from its phase lag.
If your studies require the 1Khz bandwidth, please follow the instructions below for each receiver board in your system. If you do not feel comfortable making the change , the receiver boards may be returned to Crist Instrument and modified for a nominal fee.
NOTE: All eye tracking systems ordered after June 1, 2014 will have the 1Khz bandwidth
The specifications on output deflection levels are based on our standard coil line of 15 to 36 inch coil frames. The amount of deviation (receiver output) is a combination of eye coil diameter, number of turns, frame size and frequency. Not all combinations may produce the values listed in the specifications. Specifications with coil frames over 36 inches will need to be determined prior to quote.”
When ordering please specify:
- 7-MTS-4210 2D / 1 sense coil
- 7-MTS-4211 2D / 1 sense coil / Reward
- 7-MTS-4220 2D / 2 sense coil
- 7-MTS-4221 2D / 2 sense coil / Reward
- 7-MTS-4230 2D / 3 sense coil
- 7-MTS-4231 2D / 3 sense coil / Reward
- 7-MTS-4310 3D / 1 sense coil
- 7-MTS-4311 3D / 1 sense coil / Reward
- 7-MTS-4320 3D / 2 sense coil
- 7-MTS-4321 3D / 2 sense coil / Reward
- 7-MTS-4330 3D / 3 sense coil
- 7-MTS-4331 3D / 3 sense coil / Reward
- 7-MTS-4000 MultiRack Rack Only
Each system comes with the a Magnetic Field Coil Please choose from the following:
- 15″ Magnetic Field Coil
- 18″ Magnetic Field Coil
- 20″ Magnetic Field Coil
- 22″ Magnetic Field Coil
- 24″ Magnetic Field Coil
- 36″ Magnetic Field Coil